Monday, November 14, 2005

Six Degrees of Separation
The day has dawned. We're going separate ways. It has been a very close association of more than 4 years since we were room mates. Now the time has come and each of us are going along a different path. I'm leaving for Boston tonight and I am not too sure on my return date. Pradeep, the guy who's thin in the pic, got another job in Houston and he's moving there. Its only going to be Deepesh, who's staying back in Dallas. It has been great to have lived in Dallas for all these years and all of a sudden a pall of gloom hovers above my head when I think about shifting to Boston. I had been to Boston, the year before and I'll tell you, BOSTON SUX. Infact, North East SUX. But in these situations, I can't help but keep brooding over the fact that I miss Dallas. I still remember the good old days, when we used to watch the 2003 world cup at home with 15-20 people coming over and staying all night long to catch a glimpse of the Indian team. Bajji's used to be served during the match and Tea/Coffee at 4:00am. We've come a long way in these years and what started out as a casual friendship turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. It thought me the essentials of friendship...not that I did not have any friends back home..but the fact that when you get exposed to an alien country, where you have no one to bank on. These people exuded trust, passion, love, kindness and a great sense of humor. I have been grateful in sharing all my feelings and have stumbled upon some great advice given out by them. I still remember the weekends we used to party out and have a great time. The times when we used to sit at home contemplate on our future...from the right "girl" to the right "career". Days we used to sit down with the X-Box and play tennis amongst ourselves, else watch any of Captain's movie with a renewed interest. I guess I will miss them all. But no worries, I'll catch up with them...one fine day..we'll get together and laugh out at all the good times we had. I would fail in duties if I forget to mention JC (Chandy) and CSP. Well the former is shy of posing for a pic whereas the latter has a big frame for a pic. Oops! Guys you all have been wonderful and I wish you all the very best life has to offer. Chandy, I hope you friggin vacate your room when I come over to Boston. I have great plans for Thanksgiving.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indie Blogs v. Corporate Blogs
Blogs & CMSs | Collaboration & Social Networks | Internet | Politics Josh Marshall over at Talking Points Memo does a bit of meta-blogging today.
I thought this website would be helpful Gallbladder

November 14, 2005 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fund Managera s China Picks
The China Stock Blog News and analysis of US-traded Chinese and China-related stocks.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to instant road repair on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like instant road repair!

November 14, 2005 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post! And I want to make it clear that I am not referring to the comment about CSP. :)

dinesh n m

p.s. Why is your mood always 'depressed'?

November 14, 2005 2:23 PM  
Blogger Vikram Prasad said...

Dinesh,

That was quick! I'm leaving to Boston tonight. The day I heard abt it..I've been depressed. Everyone knows abt CSP. There's nothing to hide..I've just told the truth to the world! :-)

Vikram

November 14, 2005 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Feeling The current mood of TSIZ at www.imood.com

Powered by Blogger