Sunday, December 11, 2005

My parents have been a great source of inspiration all through my life. Be it when I was young and troubled or old and confused! I still remember the days when I was young, I used to flunk in every possible subject..big time. My Dad used to cane me and my Mom used the belt. I used to flare up and create a big commotion in the house. I never knew why they were hitting me. Were they trying to put forward a point? I used to steal petty things when I was young. My Dad used to cane me..and my Mom used to belt me. What were they trying to gain out of hitting their own child? Sometimes, I used to throw things that were in the reach of my hand at them. What was I gaining doing something like that? But, when I scored very well in my exams, they poured their happiness on me...they showered me with things that I had dreamt of...when I got a job after undergrad, they were thrilled. When I got my visa, they were overjoyed...and when I landed a job here..they were on cloud nine.
I was a spoilt brat right from my teens to my undergrad college days. I just used to blow out every single penny that my Dad had saved. I never used to think..how is that parents just keep on giving whatever you need and never ask for anything in return? When I finished up my undergrad and was ready to leave India to the United States, I was overjoyed...one with the fact that I was going to pursue a dream that I never thought of accomplishing. Secondly, I was a free bird in an alien country with no one to check on me at any given point of time.
The first few days were enjoyable..getting to know new people...but as time passed by, within a few days, I was left with a void surrounding me. I did not have anyone whom I could share my sorrow and happiness. All these years, I had shared it with my parents, but now...we were so far apart that this void was becoming very difficult to bridge. Even a phone call takes a long time to connect...most of the times giving busy tones.
Days pass by and I keep sitting and brooding over the same old fact, when I then realize how difficult it is to be away from Parents. The reason why they hit you when you fail in an exam is to make you understand the importance of education. The reason why they hit you when you steal is to mould you into a good person and not a thief. They know what is best for their child..and I was wrong all the way. Parents are parents and children need to learn a lot from them.
Papa and Mummy, I miss you all a lot. I am sorry for being a very bad child all this time. I do not know how I am going to repay all of what you have given me. I love you and here's wishing you a very Happy Wedding Anniversary.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100%.

December 13, 2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger Vikram Prasad said...

Aaah...atleast there's someone who was like me.

December 20, 2005 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! See you in Namma Chennai!

December 23, 2005 7:12 AM  
Blogger Vikram Prasad said...

Yeh..I'm looking forward to Madras!

December 24, 2005 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Feeling The current mood of TSIZ at www.imood.com

Powered by Blogger